Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Syracuse - A Great End to an Almost Perfect Season


I'm not sure where the message came from but I had the impression that this would be a tough match. Coach Smoot told the team before the meet that this would probably be a close match and that the guys had to go out and fight. Well, the team responded. What a great fight they put up. In the end the match didn't appear to be too tough but maybe that was more because of the pep talk before the meet than skill of the Syracuse team. Everyone did a great job and wrestled hard. It was fun to watch (and video). By far the most exciting was Britton G. at 140 lbs. I knew it was going to be an exciting match but kudos to Britton who served it up and finished his opponent off in two periods. If anyone knows why his opponent forfeited, I'd love to know.

It's time to turn our sites to South End and District. I was told by Coach Schulte that Coach Smoot told the guys going to South End to talk very little for the next two days and keep all of their emotion in until the meet. When it's time for their match, they will be so full of emotion that they'll be able to focus all of their pent up energies on their opponent. So parents, if you son is quiet, you'll know why. Let them focus inside until tomorrow and then just watch it all come out :).

Tomorrow is a big day for the team. We know you can do it and we'll be there to cheer you on. Go Chargers!

Here are the files from yesterday's match:
Weights 78 - 92
Weights 98 - 104
Weights 110 - 115
Weights 120 - 125
Weights 132 - 140
Weights 150 - 275

No comments: